Monday, April 16, 2012

03 Foggy foggy dew


the foggy foggy dew  (as performed by Smiley Burnette)


When I was a bachelor I lived all alone
I worked at the weavers trade
and the only only thing that I did that was wrong
was to woo a fair young maid

I wooed her in the winter time
part of the summer too
and the only only thing that I done wrong
was to keep her from the foggy  foggy dew
was to keep her from the foggy  foggy dew

 one night she knelt close by my side
when i was fast asleep
She threw her arms around my neck and
then began to weep

She wept, she cried, she tore her hair ah me
what could I do?
So all night long I held her in my arms
to keep her from the foggy foggy dew
to keep her from the foggy foggy dew


Again I'm a bachelor I live with my son
We work at the weavers trade
and every every time I look in his eyes
I think of the fair young maid

he reminds me of the winter time
part of the summer too
and the many many times I held her in my arms
just to keep her from the foggy foggy dew


No comments:

Post a Comment