Thursday, November 10, 2011

doan forgit da ribba

     Uh, for me the river will always be the east river- which is actually not a river but a tributary which rolls along the western side of the Island of Manhattan - but like that mysterious isle it's a dark cold fathomless river and as a child I be on the other side - on the Brooklyn side lookin over at  what seemed to be the capitol of the world & wondering

         and so there's a Ray Davies tribute album out and I wasn't real impressed conceptually  - the record company trotted out all the official working class heroes and had them do  cover versions including , probably , one of the tune I'm sending along today - as to the artists themselves in this foul era for rock and roll I'm ambivalent - I don't think it's right to  hold musicians to any higher standard then we hold any one else - but on the other hand I have standards that do not necessarily dovetail with those prevailing in da mocket prace.

        If you interested in how censorship works it's not complicated.  In terms of cause and effect one is allowed to state effect  - poverty, misery, war disease - but one is strictly forbidden from stating that such effects have causes.  The determination of cause and the ascribing hence of blame is reserved for the master/ruler class.

It  maintains this is needed since otherwise there will be no order and we will revert to savagery , indecency and bad manners.   I don't argue with humans I try to stay out of their way.




          But one day this summer on a whim I recorded Waterloo Sunset - one of Rays tunes that didn't get the sales it deserved perhaps - without the Beach Boys tribute falsetto that the tune is noted for.  As always we have a lot of tunes in the can and this one is a one off .
    But to all the working class heroes I just want to say no hard feelings  - and can I borrow a g's?"

    I didn't bother to encode it into MP3 or add tags but suffice to say all rights remain for respective owners - meaning if you sell it you will not like what happens.

<a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6IU2N1MC" >  ALF-WaterlooSunset.wav</a>



                                 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6IU2N1MC



             -Alfie  - the lovable  alien

                     It occurs to me that depending on how the browsers config'ed   it may try to play the wav file online - so, unless you want that  - better look into it

note also - this file won't be available for too long

 _tamlin


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment