Thursday, October 25, 2012

Advice from the Fat Man





           In the "It doesn't matter but it's good to be aware of" department.
         I was once in a place of low repute. Up till the middle 80's or so the topless bars
         mainly  occupied by motorcycle gangs and guys who worked on fast cars for a livng. Then
           when the great divide occurred topless bars when upscale.   Whore chic hit the island
              around the same time the depth of the depression was becoming apparent.
            That's how it goes. People compensatee for everything and then lie to themselves
          untill the day they die.


            I kinda liked the older bars . They were into Rock and roll and  blues  - the
             newer clubs were more into motley Crue and  guns and roses.
            On the other hand it was not considered polite to drive foriegn (read Japanese ) autos
            nor bikes.    Any such job killers were considered fair targets. 


            SO I'm in one of these places. This one was very mobbed up. The previous managers
            head had been found in a garbage can a week before and there's some new talent
           on display.

            And I'm talking to the Fat man. The fat man never slows down. He never changes
             direction . When he goes west he goes all the way - Indonesia - and right
            around the planet.   He's in shipping and handling but I do not ask what. Nor do
             I ask who his friends are, probably nephews, come to have a few drinks with a
            a pal.

             At the time I'm just a puppy. I'm observing it all and one of the things that strikes me
             most is the lack of pervs and raincoat guys . The clientele seems to have a
              great deal of money.  The scene was over my head even though the club seemed
              funky.

              
              We're talking and I believe I mention the difficulties one sometimes has talking
              with a guy in t a foreign country  or for one.   He says  "Sure you get a tall blond down in
                Morroco and you need guys with submachine guns to keep the men off them."

              The fat man has a way with words

             Last week I though of him when on the  east side of manhatten  a  very high class brothel was         busted.
               The clientele was all stockbrokers. The women were all Japanese who
             specialized  in costume play. Can't say that was a surprise.


             

No comments:

Post a Comment